24 February, 2010

What does your day hold?

This was my day yesterday.

After a long presidency meeting I was:

Doing Laundry.....



Folding clothes.....



Putting away groceries....



Then picking up Macie from school, going to Kohl's to use my Kohl's cash and find some new shoes for Mace,( a BIG drama, let me tell you), coming home, doing homework, and still able to throw a fabulous dinner on the table.
What did you make, Susan, please please please tell!
OK!
I grilled these yummy sausages with cheese that were Johnsonville brand, and also tried my hand at making home made sweet potato fries. I love the ones at Ruumbi, so here's what I did:

I selected about 4 large sweet potatoes, and slice them up into large french fry size slices. I placed them on a greased cookie sheet, and then I swabbed them with butter, then sprinkled them with garlic salt and basil. I placed them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 1/2 hour. If you want to crisp them up a bit, keep them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. They burn quick, so watch them! Serve with ranch or ketchup or whatever sauce you fancy. I didn't think to take pictures, so you'll have to imagine the fabulous tastes of all the foods.
Then, I whipped up some Sassy apples. Those are super easy!

I only have three in my family, so you'll need to adjust accordingly, but I peeled 7 Fuji apples (our favorite), then cored and sliced them with my handy dandy Pampered chef corer/slicer thingy.



OK, so It's NOT Pampered Chef brand, I lied. It's just an inexpensive store brand, and I actually got it at a yard sale for 50 cents, but hey, who can tell?
Throw apples in a pot with 1/2 cup water (more for more apples), and bring to a mild boil for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
At this point, they should be mushy, so go ahead and mash them up with a potato masher. Add a little cinnamon and brown sugar to make 'em sassy, and there you have it! Brilliant!

This girl looks like her day could be going better.....


Brrrr!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin