11 June, 2009

Ain't no sunshine when Creepy comes

No, I haven't forgotten about my blog, I've been busy, and not feeling very creative.
Ever have one of those weeks (or more) where you just wanted to lay around and do nothing? Maybe grab a couch and some cheetos? Sleep in late? Lay around like a total scrub? That's been me.
I blame this blasted weather, with all the rain and constant overcast skies. I live in a state where we proudly proclaim that we get over 300+ days of sunshine a year. Ummm, not THIS year!
I need the sun, people. It's like a drug to me. The first thing I do when I get up is open up all the blinds and curtains, just to wake me up and start me on the cheerful path.
On Sunday this lil' fella came out of the clouds, and was right over my neighbor hood, hovering like the creepy windy thingy that he is.
Hail poured down like no tomorrow, ripping my poor little petunias to shreds.
Creepy (as I call it) moved about 2 miles east and touched down at our local outdoor mall, throwing stuff around and then it hit the brand new Lowe's that had just opened. Lot's of debri damage.
Freakin' weather.
I just want my sun and the windytornadoishcrappyovercastweatherwithstupidhail to end!

I decided to wait on showing you my lamp recovering project because someone else had a lampapalooza party (which was way cool) and it stole my thunder, so I'll be posting that next time.
Till then, wish me sunny days, puleeeze!

2 comments:

The Tattered Cottage said...

I'm so with you about this !@#$ weather. We have sunshine for a day and then overcast, wind, rain, etc for the next 5 days!! Wishing you sunny days :)
Toni

Melissa Marie said...

Oh my goodness! I would have so been in my bathtub with a mattress over me! haha (seriously though, I would have been. I'm terrified of the creepy tornadoes!) Sorry to hear about all of the ugly weather... hope you are getting plenty of sunshine now! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin